Socks?

Re: Socks?

Postby Mystic Monkey » Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 am

I wish I could live inside a sock. It would be so warm. Like being hugged by everybody all over.
Mystic Monkey

Postby Nyr » Mon May 03, 2010 5:23 am

I think people who live in socks went extinct long ago.
Nyr

Postby Mystic Monkey » Mon May 03, 2010 7:39 am

Well I will just have to find some people-who-live-in-socks DNA inside a mosquito then won't I?
Mystic Monkey

Postby Nyr » Tue May 04, 2010 4:36 am

Definitely.

Open a park afterwards and call it fun land.
Nyr

Postby Mystic Monkey » Tue May 04, 2010 6:35 am

Yes, and nothing could possibly go wrong.

Unless you listen to that asshole and his chaos theory, but don't listen to him. He is an asshole.
Mystic Monkey

Postby CockeyVonMurdertits » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:10 pm

I would like to make a correction to the end of The History of the Sock. Socks have already achieved sentience.

CockeyVonMurdertits

Postby Galidwren » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:40 am

There are a multitude of uses for socks but my favourite has been for a metaphor on how the world is being treated.

One day I was talking to my friend Ruthanne, she is a high priestess, we were discussing ways to bring humanity back to the simplicity of nature and further away from the hatred, greed, and horrors currently plaguing the world. When she was explaining that life is circular, a big philosophy in the wiccan ways, she also exclaimed how the world is like a sock. The inhabitants put on this sock at the beginning of time and as tie evolves the sock will gradually wear out, like all good socks do. As the sock is wearing out more and more small holes arise. Now, this is where the inhabitants come in. The damage is there and quite visible so it is up to the inhabitants to work on patching the holes. Patching is not something everyone will be capable of right off the bat. Some people will be better at it and some will have to work. The people who try their best to patch the holes in the sock of the world need help. The holes have gotten too big for only a few people to repair. If humanity were to take up a sewing needle and try to patch the holes the damage would go away, granted the scars would remain. As is now people seem to think we can just but a new world sock when this one disintegrates, I blame this mostly upon the materialistic world which sadly I am all to much a part of. There are a million small steps everyone could do to try and fix our socks! Let us not let the holes grow and larger.

This has always been one of my favourite uses of socks!
Galidwren

Previous

Return to EVERYTHING