BSXPDX

BSXPDX

Postby saddestturtle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Portland, Oregon? yessssssss.

Last year we organized a BSX pizza extravaganza at Pizza Oasis in NW Portland. I made buttons for the occasion with some of my preferred jokes from the comic and also with a wicked BSX2008 logo. Unfortunately, on that fateful April evening last year, my roommate and I were the only ones to enjoy pizza and don my awesome buttons. We might as well have been wearing prom dresses.

SO, what do you say Portlanders? Can we make this years BSXPDX less traumatic for me? I believe we can! Pizza! Buttons! Hilarity!

Suggestions for delicious pizzerias that aren't Pizza Oasis? I might get flashbacks and start to cry..... psych! I just don't like their pizza.
saddestturtle

Re: BSXPDX

Postby thatguy » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:11 am

For what it's worth, I would very much enjoy wearing your buttons and talking fun buttersafe stuff. However, since I live in Pizza Oasis and am court-ordered to never leave Pizza Oasis it probably wouldn't work out. Oh, and all the other reasons why I couldn't come.
thatguy

Postby saddestturtle » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:16 am

I know the name 'Pizza Oasis' makes it sound like a really swell establishment, but it's a misnomer. As a spiritual location where people revel in the deliciousness of pizza, Pizza Oasis is heaven. In Portland, Oregon, however, Pizza Oasis is a semi-dirty joint serving mediocre pizza dressed with overly sweet marinara sauce (truly a deal breaker for me).

I assume that your "other reasons" include proximity, which is a much more reasonable cause for distance from my buttons than admiration for the term "Pizza Oasis." I do appreciate that you would enjoy my buttons in theory. Perhaps I can send you one?
saddestturtle

Postby thatguy » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:34 am

Given that I live in Pizza Oasis I am forced to eat their pizza "manna" everyday. Except, you are right in that the pizza is really not spiritual or heaven-like. More like the sand and scorpions in the desert next to the oasis. Or maybe like Oasis the band.

Also, I picked up a few of your swell buttons off of ebay awhile back. At least I assume I did. buttonsbysaddestturtle is your ebay name, right? Then again I'm sure I'd need a button or two from your latest collection.
thatguy

Postby knastymike » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:59 am

I just registered solely for the purpose of replying to this thread. I would love to attend BSXPDX. I'm down for Pizza Oasis or other suggestions. To contribute, how about Bellagio's on SW Jefferson real near the Goose Hollow MAX stop?
knastymike

Postby saddestturtle » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:04 pm

dear thatguy,

i don't have an ebay name. i am fairly inept at the internet. cool that someone else is making buttons? also your oasis the band joke rocked. and eating scorpions is bad for your health.

dear knastymike,

YESPORTLANDBSXYES. as a general rule, i try to stay away from the west side. but we have two months to figure out a meeting place; i'm just glad i won't be alone this year. hooray!

sincerely,
st
saddestturtle

Postby knastymike » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Dear saddestturtle:

Why do you stay away from the West Side? I mean, I'm not suggesting we go to Beaverton or Hillsboro or anything. Or does anything west of "The River" just cause you physical pain?

As for other suggestions, I've heard really good things about Flying Pie Pizzeria, and they've got some locations on the east side. Unfortunately, I'm fairly new to the area, and I don't know jack. : (
knastymike

Postby thatguy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:41 pm

The west side is a land of thieves and bandits and people who smell too much like Old Spice. I try to stay away from the west side, north side, south side, and the east side. Basically I just stand in the middle all day, all the time. I am glad that the Oasis joke rocked, but I'm not surprised considering I rock so hard and all.
thatguy

Postby saddestturtle » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:51 pm

knastymike,

yes, going west of the river does cause me physical pain. i get a rash. on my soul. it's excruciating. how about mississippi pizza or it's a beautiful pizza?

thatguy,

i am a bandit. i would prefer if you didn't make jokes about them willy-nilly. also, your muscles requested that you go for a bike ride or something instead of standing in one place all the time.

st
saddestturtle

Postby knastymike » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:06 pm

Dear saddestturtle,

After looking over the locations and menus of both options you presented, It's a Beautiful Pizza seems to be easier to get to for me, and it has salami as a topping. It gets my vote.

Sincerely,
-Knastymike
knastymike

Postby saddestturtle » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:57 pm

i love that salami is the one little yop to take you over the top.
saddestturtle

Postby knastymike » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Salami is nowhere near as popular enough of a topping as it should be. Pepperoni and salami pizza with extra marinara sauce is heaven.
knastymike

Postby thatguy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:24 pm

Actually because I stand all day my legs are beyond huge and full of rippling muscle (and gravy). The last thing I need would be a bike ride, unless it was one of those super awesome bikes that you pedal with your hands. People who ride those are simply fantastic in a completely nerderiffic way.

I'm glad that a pizza place has been decided on. Perhaps there will be more than 3 1/2 people coming? (I count myself as 1 1/2 people because of my hunormous gravy-filled legs)
thatguy

Postby alexanderharrisjones » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:52 pm

I want to go, but my crystal ball was filled with salami and gravy so I ate it and now I can't see my future. I should have seen this coming.

Anyway, I might have to go crystal ball shopping on the same day as the BSXPDX. This time I think I'll get one made of crystal and not sourdough bread covered in ranch dressing and smothered in bacon grease.

I love bacon. I love Butter. I love being Safe.

I forgot what I was talking about.

I'll be there.

Unless I am not there.

The End.
alexanderharrisjones

Postby SoylentCHUD » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm new here, so please forgive me if I don't know dump about poop.
Does the convention have to be at a pizzeria? I'm asking because I have Chronic Adult Tooth Atrophy & Soreness Syndrome (CATASS), so I can't chew too good. Sometimes, I'll go to a pizzeria with my friends from church or school and all I can order is a Mr. Pibb.
Maybe we could meet at Jamba Juice? The people who work there are very nice, VERY PROFESSIONAL, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you had a pizza delivered there. And then, maybe I could have them put my slice in a blender with some lime sherbet and wheat grass (helps anesthetize my gums).
Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud here. I'll totally understand if you can't make accommodations for my CATASS. If worse comes to worse, I can probably just bring my Chop Wizard from home. It makes a pretty good chew machine in a pinch.
SoylentCHUD

Postby saddestturtle » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:07 pm

i love that nobody on this particular thread can just say "word up! i'm in!" instead there are nutty diseases and meat-filled crystal balls. we WILL meet at a pizzeria to maintain the integrity of the event. i have a magic bullet that an old roommate ordered from an infomercial, though, so i think catass can be... appeased.

i am SO EXCITED that there will be people to wear my buttons this year. RAD.
saddestturtle

Postby knastymike » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:06 am

Holy shit, we get buttons!?

Damn, I want some pizza.
knastymike

Postby knastymike » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:13 pm

On a slightly more serious note, I have an unfortunate update.

I may not be able to make it to BSXPDX. I only moved to Portland in late October, and the job market has not been kind to me. I've been mostly unemployed since mid-January. I've been receiving unemployment, but due to some bullshit, not only are they no longer paying me, but I now owe *them* money. I've moved on from looking for jobs in my field to looking for any job, but unless something happens, I'll likely have to go back to Texas with my tail between my legs and ask for my old job back in Austin.

Sorry, guys.
knastymike

Postby thatguy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:16 pm

K-nasty,

Hmm, that sucks that you have to pay back some of your unemployment. I think the unemployment office sometimes forgets that when you're unemployed you don't make any MONEY so therefore you can't really pay them back.

In regards to moving back to Austin, first I think you need to just go to businesses and be all like, "look, I don't want to miss BSXPDX so why don't you just give me a flipping job so I don't have to move back to Austin." Then smile really big and hold out your hand so that the person will shake it and therefore create a binding deal.

That should totally work.
thatguy

Postby knastymike » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:59 am

I have two interviews today, thatguy. I'll let you know how this tactic works!
knastymike

Postby saddestturtle » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:10 pm

best of luck knastymike! we, the future participants in BSXPDX, believe in you! on the bright side of maybe having to move with your tail between your legs, you could organize your very own BSXTX. more pizza and love of punchmonsters!

thatguy, good work thinking of the best job-acquiring tactic on the planet. i'm going to try it also. if it works, i give you permission to plan my life.

in other news, i decided definitively that we should hold BSXPDX at it's a beautiful pizza on belmont. unless anyone has objections, i'm writing it in my planner. IN PERMANENT MARKER WHAT.
saddestturtle

Postby SoylentCHUD » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:50 pm

It's close enough to my neighborhood that I won't be violating my parole!
Count me in.
SoylentCHUD

Postby knastymike » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:57 am

Good news, everybody! I've got a temp assignment that pays horrible but lasts for two to three weeks! I may even be able to make rent come May! I'll totally be there for BSXPDX. Pizza, motherfuckers!
knastymike

Postby vin diesel » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:19 pm

holy eff you guys, I'm so there!and I know my sig. other wants in as well, so +2. any pizza is fine by me, I'm fully down with pizza oasis. also, did I miss something or has a date not been set?

and just fyi, I don't wanna disappoint you guys so I should probably tell you now that I am not The Real Vin Diesel, but rather, a spiritual embodiment of him and all that he stands for. so sorry to disappoint!
vin diesel

Postby saddestturtle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:56 pm

listen, vin, we are not going to pizza oasis. did you even read about my trauma from last year? we are meeting at it's a beautiful pizza on april 25th. at seven. i just decided seven because i'm so mad about your suggestion of pizza oasis that i needed to be forceful with a time.

psych. i'm not mad. seven seems reasonable though, yeah?

also, congrats knasty. way to be!
saddestturtle

Next

Return to North America