BSX Southern Ontario

BSX Southern Ontario

Postby Dromiceiomimus » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:19 am

Hello Southern Ontarians!
It is that time again! Time for us to pick a random city in our fair province, meet up and eat some pizza!
Now, you may remember that our last shindig was held in Hamilton. That was a pretty good time (and the pizza was delicious), but I think we should pick a new city, for variety's sake. I was thinking maybe Kitchener-Waterloo or Toronto possibly?
Suggestions welcome!
And the amount of knowing that, multiplied by two, is equal to the entire sum of the battle. Man, there’s gotta be an easier way to say that...
Dromiceiomimus

Re: BSX Southern Ontario

Postby NecessaryForce » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:42 pm

I do recall last year's pizza endeavor!
I am hoping to join once more in the enjoyment of pizza, and I think that Toronto may have a suitable venue to do so.
Assuming I would be able to go, I am open to any suggestions as to a specific place!
NecessaryForce

Postby Dromiceiomimus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:55 pm

I will not lie to you, I would not describe myself as an expert on the pizzerias of Toronto, but I assure you I shall swiftly become one.
Man, I am super pumped about this! Right now I have two friends who will possibly be coming along maybe, but even if it's just you and me it'll still be totally sweet!
And the amount of knowing that, multiplied by two, is equal to the entire sum of the battle. Man, there’s gotta be an easier way to say that...
Dromiceiomimus

Postby Dromiceiomimus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Hello again everyone! So I was wondering how opposed everyone would be to just going to a Pizza Pizza? The way I see it that way we're guaranteed some relatively delicious pizza at a pretty okay price!
I was kind of hoping (if we went with Pizza Pizza) we could go to the one on Danforth Avenue. I have no idea where precisely it is and even less knowledge of what it is like compared to other Pizza Pizzas in Toronto, but the picture of the building that I found on Wikipedia (yes, I looked up Pizza Pizza on Wikipedia) looks awesome. For reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pizza ... Onramp.jpg
I realize that's kind of a terrible reason to pick a place, but come on, look at it! It's great.
Anyways, what are your thoughts?

P.S. did anyone else know that Pizza Pizza was a mostly Ontario thing? I literally had no idea. You learn something new every day I guess!
Dromiceiomimus

Postby elsh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 am

(We have Pizza Pizza in Montreal too!)
elsh

Postby BillyShakes » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:06 pm

I would definitely be in for Pizza Pizza in Toronto. Especially that joint.
Oh, and I'm going to be on Danforth Avenue on Wednesday! I have no idea where this Pizza Pizza is in relation to my destination, but I will attempt to test the food for consumption by eating there if I am able to.
If I die, don't touch my stuff.
BillyShakes

Postby Dromiceiomimus » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:59 pm

Elsh: I know, I know, that's why I said mostly :D! I was just kind of surprised that not everyone in the world has a Pizza Pizza, you know? It just seems like one of those things that everyone should have. Like the Family Channel and Radio Free Roscoe. Does anyone else remember that show? That was such a great show!

Anyways, since I'm hearing no opposition I'm going to say a Pizza Pizza in Toronto! I will look into the various Pizza Pizzas around the city and attempt to determine the one most convenient for those of us who may have to rely on public transportation! Though my vote is still kind of for the one on Danforth, distance be damned!
Dromiceiomimus

Postby Meemah » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:28 pm

oh man i LOVED RFR!! it's nice to know there are kindred spirits :)
i'm down for pizza in Toronto!
Meemah

Postby Dromiceiomimus » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Alright, so I'm sure you're all tired of reading my cyber voice, but I promise it'll be over soon and you'll get to listen to my real life voice! Whether this is better or worse I will leave up to you to decide!
Anyways, here's the buzz: there are 43 Pizza Pizzas in downtown Toronto. I have no idea which ones would be best for everyone, but I've tried to narrow them down based on my familiarity with Toronto (which is to say, the street names that I recognize) and now here they are!
260 Church Street
346 Yonge Street
60 Wellington Street East
20 Blue Jays Way
So if y'all want me to justify any of these choices or suggest new ones, guys I am totally willing to hear them!

Until then, my friends!

PS Yes, Meemah, internet high five!
Dromiceiomimus

Postby Dromiceiomimus » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:13 pm

It's awful quiet in here, but I'm just going to assume that y'all have been stunned into silence by my ability to locate Pizza Pizzas.
I'm not going to lie, I'm getting a little antsy about the plans here, so I'm just going to go ahead and pick one of them. And that one is 260 Church Street! I will hopefully meet some of you fine people there between 4-6 pm on April 17th! If anyone has any questions, comments or insults, please feel free to respond here or send me a private message!

Until then, true believers!
Dromiceiomimus

Postby Meemah » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:48 pm

yay decisive-ness! :)
i'll see you on saturday!
Meemah

Postby Dromiceiomimus » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Oh thanks goodness! I was starting to worry all of y'all were going to abandon me! My friend and I will be there. I can't wait!
Hopefully there are a whole bunch of lurkers here who are just not saying anything because they are the strong, silent type who want to surprise us all! And even if there aren't and it's just us three (or four? Necessary Force, you coming?), I'm sure we'll still have a great time!

Until then, cats and kittens!
Dromiceiomimus

Postby NecessaryForce » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Alas, I will not be able to attend due to a rather debilitating illness. And to think, I held such lofty hopes of dining on exquisite pizza with exquisite people! Fellow fans of Buttersafe, no less!
Of course, I send my fondest regards and highest hopes that everyone who attends has a wonderful time (although, obviously, mourning my absence). Perhaps BSX '11 will see me once more, finally in possession of my oft-desired Buttersafe pins!

(By the way, today's comic was amazing. I am so looking forward to the sequel.)

((Also someone should consider photographing this amazing event.))
NecessaryForce

Postby Dromiceiomimus » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Ah, this is terrible news, we will miss you very much! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I wish you a speedy recovery :D!
I would, of course, offer to take pictures, but I have no camera! So hopefully one of the other fine attendees will bring one and then you can feel almost like you were there!

(And I agree, that was a really great comic today!)

Until then, dudes and dudettes!
Dromiceiomimus

Postby Wyrmling » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:56 am

Just letting you guys know that I am a lurker planning on attending BSX this year :)

I missed out on the past 2 years, there's no way I'm missing this one too.
Wyrmling

Postby Wyrmling » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:16 pm

It was nice meeting all you guys today and talking about all things Buttersafe.

Hope we can do this again next year :)
Wyrmling

Postby Meemah » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:29 am

yea I had a good time :)
it was funny that we almost sat there without recognizing each other!
CODE PHRASE for next year: I hope this pizza is BUTTERSAFE!
Meemah

Return to North America