BSX New Hampshire & The Vermont Border

BSX New Hampshire & The Vermont Border

Postby Dragon Maze » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:04 am

This year looks to work out far better, as BSX falls on a Sunday, when we are scheduled to have our gaming store's 11th Anniversary Party! (Last year we celebrated socially, with our local crew) Seems an ideal pairing: an International geeky holiday alongside a geeky store. The joint party will be, of course, Sunday, April 17th, from Noon till Midnight or so. Let us know if you will be available to help us celebrate! There will be tons of free games being run, free munchies, and we hope to coordinate doing a shared Pizza extravaganza with folks! (It would of course NOT be a Kosher BSX without Pizza, so please help us plan ahead!)

Note: the store is technically CLOSED on Sundays, so this is scheduled to be a SOCIAL event. Please be respectful, and of good cheer. :D

The Dragon Maze
223 North Main St
Newport, NH
(603) 863-7050
dragonmaze.com
Dragon Maze

Re: BSX New Hampshire & The Vermont Border

Postby elsh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:53 pm

I admire your planning this far ahead. Top organisational skills, those are. Best of luck for your BSX!
elsh

Postby Dragon Maze » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:35 am

LOL Thanks!
Yeah, we learned the hard way years back that, for parties (where there is no alcohol), people need to be reminded for a MINIMUM of 9 weeks ahead. (We started getting the word out for our 11th Anniversary Party to our regulars in January!!!) I figure that for BSXers, they do not need SOOOOO early a reminder....

How go plans for BSX in your neck of the woods, elsh?
Dragon Maze

Postby elsh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:51 pm

I'm not quite as organised and prepared as you, so there aren't yet any plans for BSX Montreal. Except for pizza, of course. Regardless of what happens, pizza will definitely be involved. And that alone will make it a success, I think!
elsh

Postby Dragon Maze » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Hope your BSX, even informally, was a success Elsh!

Thus far, we had a decent turn-out for folks, without folks even KNOWING that we were gonna integrate Pizza. :P

(we treated, and have been giving out slices as 'prizes' for each player in games, regardless of wins or losses. Hey, it's a party, not supposed to be competitive)
Dragon Maze

Postby elsh » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh my gosh, I completely forgot about BSX! I didn't have any pizza at all on the 17th - I actually went out for Chinese food. I think I will have to eat some pizza in the near future to rectify this situation.

Your BSX sounds like it was pretty fun! Did you take pictures? You should post a couple of them here if you can!
elsh

Postby Dragon Maze » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Sadly, did not take any pix, as we were very active overseeing games and such. (we learned years back, for a good party for geeks, keep us so busy we have no chance to be bored. :P )

That would have been a great idea, though.

Shame about missing your BSX, but, hey, it's definitely one of the most laid back of 'holidays'.

Oh... and, it's a tangent, but as a foodie, I am curious about possible Canadian specialty Pizzas, if any. I also keep reading that 'Chinese food' varies drastically from country to country. In England, they offer almost none of the staple items we see here in the US.
Dragon Maze

Postby elsh » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm not sure there are really any Canadian specialty pizzas? In Quebec, a pretty common pizza type is the Québécoise pizza, which is just like, pepperoni, bacon, ham, maybe others meats. It's a lot of meat. Sometimes, mushrooms are included. Any place can do this though, I don't think it's particularly regional.

I haven't heard this thing about Chinese food, though! I would expect Chinese food in North America in general to be pretty similar across the board. I'm going to England over the summer though, so I can sample their Chinese food and report my findings back to you. You know, for science.
elsh

Postby Dragon Maze » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:15 pm

"I'm going to England over the summer though, so I can sample their Chinese food and report my findings back to you. You know, for science."

That is so selfless of you.... ;)

But seriously, that would be cool to hear about. One British famed "guilty pleasure" that also fascinates me are "Chip Butties". We make them ourselves, using baked, not fried, Steak Fries, and use the guilt-free trans-fat-free Smart Balance in place of regular Butter, and then a bit of Marmite for a meatier flavor. (We have, for the record, made them for easily a hundred people over the years, and have, save for a single person, made converts to them....) But, we are no doubt "missing the point" with the classic "greasy Chip Butty" so common to chip shops, with our attempt to make them healthier.... *IF* you were to try one of those authentic ones, I'd be fascinated to hear your opinion....

Oh, and lest I forget, have a very SAFE and wonderful trip when you do go.
Dragon Maze

Postby elsh » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Well, I'm a huge fan of fries to begin with, so I'm sure the ones you're talking about would be delicious. I'll try to remember it so I can look for a way to try them out.

And thank you for your well wishes! You can never be too early for SAFETY.
elsh

Return to North America